The Who - forum francophone
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
The Who - forum francophone

Forum de discussion sur le groupe The Who

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
-21%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
LEGO® Icons 10329 Les Plantes Miniatures, Collection Botanique
39.59 € 49.99 €
Voir le deal

UK TOMMY TOUR

2 participants
AuteurMessage
edenel

UK TOMMY TOUR Empty
MessageSujet: UK TOMMY TOUR   UK TOMMY TOUR EmptyMar 5 Juil - 20:51

Source LLR

Posted at 2011-07-05 15:56:11 GMT (9 hours ago)

arthurprecar
User
BT Ratio: 0.13

Tommy at The Sage Gateshead 4 July 2011

Roger Daltrey – Sage Gateshead 4 July 2011

Shortly after 7.30pm Roger strolled onto the stage with his five piece band looking happy, fit and healthy clutching a mug of something that may, or may not, have been to lubricate his voice.

He immediately put to rest the notion that anyone may have had that what he was about to do was in any way “a Who show”. He praised the work it’s self saying that it was unique in 1969 and it’s the same today. “No-one” he said “is doing anything like this”.

He put his mug down and the band blasted into “Overture” delivering what was pretty much a note-perfect rendition of the great rock opera “Tommy” (described humorously by Townshend on “Live at Leeds” as a “Rock Otter”.)

I have to admit that although I was excited about the show I went with a little trepidation. Having seen The Who perform the bulk of it in 75 and 76 I knew that it wouldn’t match the rain soaked majesty of the Charlton show in 76 or the thunderous trawl through at Manchester Apollo. It’s true to say that Roger struggled either with the new monitors or his voice at times. However, he and the band were clearly enjoying themselves and the whole performance was thrilling and powerful. Frank Symes and Simon Townshend (looking and moving just like Pete) were in fantastic form and Simon’s voice added a new dimension and Symes simmered on guitar. “Christmas” seemed to take on a new life and “Pinball Wizard” soared. The “Tommy” climax of “Were Not Gonna Take It/Listening to You” brought the crowd roaring to their feet – an unusual occurrence at this venue!) and Roger pandered by reprising the end section.

The second “Who hits and more" section allowed Roger and the band to have a little fun and some flexibility roaring through “Who are You”, “Pictures of Lily”, “Behind Blue Eyes”, “I Can See for Miles”(with a nice little aside about John’s voice), and “Tattoo”. Then a meander through a few lesser known songs Roger’s own “Days of Light”, a rearranged “Real Good Looking Boy”, “Freedom Ride”, a great “Going Mobile” (with Simon on vocals) and a climax of a thunderous “Baba O’Reilly”. Topping off with “Blue Red & Grey” with a couple of fluffs on ukulele (“I’m not perfect!”). An excellent show that was thoroughly enjoyed by my 15 year old son – a big reason for going was so that at least he can say he saw “Tommy” performed live.

Long Live Rock!
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
edenel

UK TOMMY TOUR Empty
MessageSujet: Re: UK TOMMY TOUR   UK TOMMY TOUR EmptyMar 5 Juil - 20:58

Il semblerait que la 2e partie soit plus ou moins, à la demande . Voici donc les titres que j'aimerais bien entendre :

Slip kid
You better you bet
Real good looking boy
tea and theatre
Relay
Tatoo
The Real me
Sea and sand
5:15
Without your love
Baba O Riley

Bon évidemment, ce genre de liste, une heure plus tard on a envie d'en changer la moitié des titres pour en mettre d'autres, il y a tellement plein d'incontournables...

edenel

UK TOMMY TOUR Empty
MessageSujet: Re: UK TOMMY TOUR   UK TOMMY TOUR EmptyMar 5 Juil - 21:00

Au fait, c'est mon anniversaire "d'inscription" sur le forum !!
Marc

Marc

UK TOMMY TOUR Empty
MessageSujet: Re: UK TOMMY TOUR   UK TOMMY TOUR EmptyJeu 18 Aoû - 13:59

edenel a écrit:
Au fait, c'est mon anniversaire "d'inscription" sur le forum !!
Alors... BON ANNIVERSAIRE !!!
Un revenant
edenel

UK TOMMY TOUR Empty
MessageSujet: Re: UK TOMMY TOUR   UK TOMMY TOUR EmptyJeu 18 Aoû - 14:52

mon compte rendu est ici : http://mygeneration.forumsmusic.com/t56-roger-daltrey-lokerse-feesten-tommy (débile qu'on ait pas réussi à fusionner les deux forums quand même...)
Marc

Marc

UK TOMMY TOUR Empty
MessageSujet: Re: UK TOMMY TOUR   UK TOMMY TOUR EmptyVen 19 Aoû - 4:43

edenel a écrit:
mon compte rendu est ici : http://mygeneration.forumsmusic.com/t56-roger-daltrey-lokerse-feesten-tommy (débile qu'on ait pas réussi à fusionner les deux forums quand même...)
Je l'ai lu : merci !
Rien n'y fait, je ne me fais pas à l'image de Roger sur scène sans Pete à sa droite (je vire "vieux con" sans doute. Very Happy )
Contenu sponsorisé

UK TOMMY TOUR Empty
MessageSujet: Re: UK TOMMY TOUR   UK TOMMY TOUR Empty

UK TOMMY TOUR
Page 1 sur 1