The Who - forum francophone
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
The Who - forum francophone

Forum de discussion sur le groupe The Who

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le Deal du moment :
Cartes Pokémon EV6.5 : où trouver le ...
Voir le deal

North American Tour 2007

+2
Marc
Ronan
6 participants
Aller à la page : 1, 2  Suivant
AuteurMessage
Ronan

Ronan

North American Tour 2007 Empty
MessageSujet: North American Tour 2007   North American Tour 2007 EmptySam 24 Fév - 3:46

Hier soir première date à Reno. Pas de surprises Crying or Very sad
Reste à confirmer si Rabbitt Bundrick et de retour.

Setlist:

I Can't Explain,
The Seeker,
Anyway Anyhow Anywhere,
Fragments,
Who Are You,
Behind Blue Eyes,
Real Good Looking Boy,
Sound Round,
Pick Up The Peace,
Endless Wire,
We Got A Hit,
They Made My Dream Come True,
Mirror Door,
Baba O'Riley,
Eminence Front,
A Man In A Purple Dress,
Black Widow's Eyes,
Mike Post Theme, Relay,
My Generation,
Won't Get Fooled Again,
Pinball Wizard,
Amazing Journey,
Sparks,
See Me Feel Me,
Tea And Theatre

Lineup
Roger Daltrey Harmonica, Vocals, Guitar
Pete Townshend Vocals, Guitar
John Bundrick Piano, Keyboards
Pino Palladino Bass
Zak Starkey Drums
Simon Townshend Backing Vocal, Guitar
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Marc

Marc

MessageSujet: Re: North American Tour 2007   North American Tour 2007 EmptySam 24 Fév - 4:05

J'ai vu ton post sur le forum anglophone... C'est tout de même Kehew qui est annoncé lorsque tu vas sur les sites de vente de billets...
Pour ce qui est de la liste, je la trouve plutôt équilibrée, bien pensée... à part Eminence Front Wink
Ronan

Ronan

MessageSujet: Re: North American Tour 2007   North American Tour 2007 EmptySam 24 Fév - 4:23

Marc a écrit:
J'ai vu ton post sur le forum anglophone... C'est tout de même Kehew qui est annoncé lorsque tu vas sur les sites de vente de billets...
Pour ce qui est de la liste, je la trouve plutôt équilibrée, bien pensée... à part Eminence Front Wink

tu vas prendre ton pied si ils font "Eminence Front" à Paris Wink Wink
Marc

Marc

MessageSujet: Re: North American Tour 2007   North American Tour 2007 EmptySam 24 Fév - 5:08

Ronan a écrit:
Marc a écrit:

Pas grave, je peux bien patienter quelques minutes. Je prendrai un peu de lecture... study
Ronan

Ronan

MessageSujet: Re: North American Tour 2007   North American Tour 2007 EmptySam 24 Fév - 5:29

Marc a écrit:
Ronan a écrit:
Marc a écrit:

Pas grave, je peux bien patienter quelques minutes. Je prendrai un peu de lecture... study

Tu pourras lire les paroles de la chanson dans le programme!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Marc

Marc

MessageSujet: Re: North American Tour 2007   North American Tour 2007 EmptySam 24 Fév - 5:58

Ronan a écrit:

Tu pourras lire les paroles de la chanson dans le programme!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EXCELLENT Very Happy ... espèce d'enf... Evil or Very Mad
Marc

Marc

MessageSujet: Re: North American Tour 2007   North American Tour 2007 EmptySam 24 Fév - 7:20

Review: The Who rocks, but with too much new stuff

JASON KELLNER
RENO GAZETTE-JOURNAL
Posted: 2/24/2007

In The Who's first Reno appearance Friday at the Reno Events Center, the band brought much nostalgia for its near-sold-out crowd, but also a heavy dose of new music for the band's 2 hour, 15 minute show.

Opening with the very first single, 1965's "I Can't Explain," Pete Townshend, Roger Daltrey and company wasted no time in bringing the mostly older crowd to its feet.

Daltrey immediately launched into his microphone swings, and Townshend didn't wait through one song to prove he could still perform his trademark windmill guitar playing (although the gymnastic jumps were are no longer a part of the show for the 61-year-old guitarist).

The Who didn't try to distract the audience with flashy visual effects, and their performance throughout the night would prove they didn't need to. A simple five-panel video display showed footage of the band in its past glories as well as random psychedelic images.

Just about 15 minutes into the show the band dug into a somewhat stubborn set consisting mostly of 10 songs from the new album, "Endless Wire," starting off with "Fragments" and closing the show with "Tea and Theatre."

With about 25 songs in the show, devoting almost half to the new album seemed a bit much, given the band's 40-odd years and 10 studio albums. All the new songs, in which the audience seemed mildly interested, left no room for such favorites as "I Can See for Miles," "Love Reign O'er Me," or "Magic Bus."

Still, the band, with Pino Palladino on bass and Ringo Starr-kid Zak Starkey on drums, sounded tight, and had the audience hanging.

Starkey provided a solid foundation worthy of any stormy drumming from original Who drummer Keith Moon, and, dare I say above and beyond the drumming of dad Ringo.

And through such Who classics as "Behind Blue Eyes," "Baba O'Riley" and "My Generation," Townshend and Daltrey proved their worthiness of still being out there commanding top dollar ($70-$170) for tickets.

They didn't pull it all off without error, nor did they try to.

When Daltrey started to sing a wrong song as the band kicked in, he stopped and said, "oh, I haven't got the right key," before realizing he had entirely the wrong song.
Shrugging it off, he said "s—t happens" to the amused and forgiving crowd.

Townshend paused to share his memories of driving through the Sierras with his daughters in an RV before touching on the band's mid-period with 1982's "Eminence Front."

And they erased any doubt about their modern-day relevance when launching into "Won't Get Fooled Again," where the audience waited, with breath held, for Daltrey's climactic wail of "yee-eahhhh," which he can still hit.

The band returned for an encore of "Pinball Wizard," "Amazing Journey," Sparks" and "See Me Feel Me," before closing with the sleepy duet of just Daltrey and Townshend singing the new "Tea and Theatre," in a display of comaraderie that erased years of arguing.

Openers Rose Hill Drive played a 40-minute set of Southern rock with a tinge of metal that proved to be the best unknown opening act I've seen in years, and the audience seemed to agree. The bass player acknowledged during their set that he had to pinch himself when he announced that The Who was coming up next.

Rien sur John Bundrick ou Brian Kehew !!!
lp_zep

lp_zep

MessageSujet: Re: North American Tour 2007   North American Tour 2007 EmptyDim 25 Fév - 8:50

J'ai lu que Bundrick était à ce concert :
http://www.longliverock.org/HomePage/Reviews/Reno-022307.html
Ronan

Ronan

MessageSujet: Re: North American Tour 2007   North American Tour 2007 EmptyDim 25 Fév - 10:33

lp_zep a écrit:
Oui et il est sur la troisième photo!!!
lp_zep

lp_zep

MessageSujet: Re: North American Tour 2007   North American Tour 2007 EmptyDim 25 Fév - 10:42

Ronan a écrit:
lp_zep a écrit:
Bien sûr, c'est la photo qui a pas voulu s'afficher, alors j'étais encore dans le doute !
Super !

en tout cas, s'ils jouent le mini-opéra sous cette forme, ça me convient parfaitement, je préférais nettement la version single.
je dis ça comme si j'allais les voir alors que rien n'est moins sûr Neutral
Marc

Marc

MessageSujet: Re: North American Tour 2007   North American Tour 2007 EmptyDim 25 Fév - 11:18

Ronan a écrit:
lp_zep a écrit:
Farpait ! Wink
Ronan

Ronan

MessageSujet: Re: North American Tour 2007   North American Tour 2007 EmptyJeu 1 Mar - 15:14

26-02-2007: Long Beach, CA, Civic Arena
I Can't Explain, The Seeker, Anyway Anyhow Anywhere, Fragments, Who Are You, Behind Blue Eyes, Real Good Looking Boy, Sound Round, Pick Up The Peace, Endless Wire, We Got A Hit, They Made My Dream Come True, Mirror Door, Baba O'Riley, Eminence Front, A Man In The Purple Dress, Black Widows Eyes, You Better You Bet, My Generation, Cry If You Want, Won't Get Fooled Again, Naked Eye, Pinball Wizard, Amazing Journey, Sparks, See Me Feel Me, Tea And Theatre

28-02-2007: Phoenix, AZ, US Airways Arena
I Can't Explain, The Seeker, Anyway Anyhow Anywhere, Fragments, Who Are You, Behind Blue Eyes, Real Good Looking Boy, Sound Round, Pick Up The Peace, Endless Wire, We Got A Hit, They Made My Dream Come True, Mirror Door, Baba O'Riley, Eminence Front, A Man In A Purple Dress, Black Widow's Eyes, You Better You Bet, My Generation, Won't Get Fooled Again, Naked Eye, Pinball Wizard, Amazing Journey, Sparks, See Me Feel Me, Tea And Theatre

NAKED EYE de retour!!!! :banane: :banane: :banane: :banane:
Marc

Marc

MessageSujet: Re: North American Tour 2007   North American Tour 2007 EmptyVen 2 Mar - 2:16

Ronan a écrit:

NAKED EYE de retour!!!! :banane: :banane: :banane: :banane:
Moi aussi je m'en rejouis, mais tu as dû voir, en parcourant le forum anglophone à quel point la setlist est sujette à discussion ! Forcément, chaque fan a la sienne ! Moi, du moment qu'ils ne jouent pas Eminence Front... Oui, je sais, lecture du programme et gnagnagna et gnagnagna... study
Marc

Marc

MessageSujet: Re: North American Tour 2007   North American Tour 2007 EmptySam 10 Mar - 5:56

Sympa...Very Happy

The Who: We Didn't Get Fooled Again!
Legendary Band Plays Hoffman Estates Concert
by Arthur Curran

The lights went down, the crowd noise went up. Loud appreciative cheers full of anticipation for THE band filled the Sears Centre.

Pete, Roger and the boys got on the stage and jumped right into Can't Explain to the pleasure of the audience. They followed with The Seeker, Who Are You and Behind Blue Eyes.

Obviously older and perhaps a bit slower, they are still THE WHO.

This Monday night performance was not the crashing thunderous WHO of the 60s, 70s and 80s, but they are still THE WHO.

For the predominantly middle-aged crowd, no blotter acid or weed was needed to get into the essence of this great band. The visual tools for the mental flashback of the bands history was displayed on the screens that formed the backdrop for the performance.

Pictures and videos of this highly-produced show took us back to the early days of The Who. From the behavior of this appreciative crowd, it was obvious few were going to be bothered with the drug and alcohol-induced hangovers we dealt with 30 to 40 years ago on our way to work the morning after such a cool concert. Each song was a moving, vibrant live video that aided in emphasizing the The Who's importance and place in music history.

The production could have been perceived as over-produced. The production content was explained by an announcement before the band took the stage, advising advance orders could be placed online for the DVD and CD of the 2007 tour. It could have been toned down a bit because it slightly distracted from the historic, legendary performers and the equally and always-impressive music. Welcome to the new millennium and the reality of the way music is marketed today. Toto, I don't think we are in the late 1900s anymore!

After a few songs Pete gave sincere thanks to the crowd for the "congregation." He thanked the crowd for coming to hear the music on a cold and blustery winter night. He explained how appreciative the band is that there is still "congregation" for such an event. Pete, we don't congregate hoping you will come. What is this, Field of Dreams? No, we congregate because you are coming. For the love of Pete, you are Pete Townsend; you are The Who, stop with the excuses!

Pete also made reference to his past comments about bands of the era still touring when perhaps they should step aside for new talent. His comments were almost apologetic. For the love of Pete, you are Pete Townsend, you are THE WHO, stop with the excuses! He asked the audience for indulgence as the band was going to play a few songs from the less-than-critically-successful Endless Wire collection. Whether the crowd or critics appreciated the recent compilation or not, I doubly digress. For the love of Pete, you are Pete Townsend, you are THE WHO, stop with the excuses! PLAY YOUR MUSIC! And play they did.

Many of this middle-aged crowd brought their children. They brought their young children, young adult children, and they brought their adult children. And there were even some adult children that brought their elderly parents. They congregated to see and appreciate the artistry of the band. To appreciate the music that influenced and helped to form these parents and to see and experience this part of rock and roll history. Thank you Pete and Roger for the congregation. Keep planning future "congregations." We will come.
Ronan

Ronan

MessageSujet: Re: North American Tour 2007   North American Tour 2007 EmptyMer 14 Mar - 6:38

Roger malade Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

The Who
Tue, 13 March 2007:
Tampa, FL, Ford Amphitheater

Attendance: 9000

Setlist
I Can't Explain.

The band started Can't Explain, but stopped after a few seconds and Roger walked off. Pete said he's battling bronchitis. They cancelled the show. Rescheduled for the 25th March.

Newspaper Review

Who Abruptly Cancel Show, Citing Illness

Tampa Tribune, 14-03-2007
TAMPA - Tuesday's Who concert ended seconds into the first number when vocalist Roger Daltrey left the stage, apparently unable to sing.

Minutes later, guitarist Pete Townshend announced the show's cancellation. Apologizing to the crowd of about 9,000, Townshend also announced a makeup date of March 25.

Tuesday's session would have been the first Who concert for Leslie Stallings and her sons, Britt, 13, and Brock, 11.

"We're disappointed, but we understand," Stallings said as the crowd began leaving.

In fact, Townshend's apologies and announcement of the makeup date were met with hearty applause from the crowd.

"I'd rather see 100 percent of The Who than 50 percent," concertgoer Alex Hutchins said as the crowd waited for the final word. "I'll take my refund and wait until they come back."

The group took the stage at 8:40 p.m., following an opening set by Rose Hill Driver. Townshend slashed out the familiar three-chord riff opening "I Can't Explain," but Daltrey walked off stage before singing a note. Townshend waved the song to a halt.

"Roger has bronchitis," Townshend told the crowd. He and the other musicians left the stage for a few moments before Townshend returned with the bad news.

"I've just been with Roger, and he can barely speak," Townshend said. "We're going to have to cancel."

The audience filed out without incident, obviously disappointed but showing no signs of the anger that fueled a riot at Tampa Stadium in 1977 when Led Zeppelin canceled a show.

Tickets for Tuesday's show will be honored at the March 25 show, and refunds will be available at point of purchase, according to a representative of the Ford Amphitheatre.
Marc

Marc

MessageSujet: Re: North American Tour 2007   North American Tour 2007 EmptyMer 14 Mar - 10:46

Ouah la déception pour tous les fans !!! Crying or Very sad
J'espère qu'il va vite se remettre le Roger... I love you
Ronan

Ronan

MessageSujet: Re: North American Tour 2007   North American Tour 2007 EmptyJeu 15 Mar - 3:05

Marc a écrit:
Ouah la déception pour tous les fans !!! Crying or Very sad
J'espère qu'il va vite se remettre le Roger... I love you

ça doit casser le moral!!! cela ne m'est jamais arrivé je crois, quand c'était annulé je l'ai toujours su à l'avance ou alors retrouvé comme un con devant les portes. mais là juste les accords de "Can't Explain" et terminé Balzac ça doit etre dur à avaler!!! j'espère qu'il va vite se remettre en forme!!!!
Marc

Marc

MessageSujet: Re: North American Tour 2007   North American Tour 2007 EmptyJeu 15 Mar - 11:17

Brian Kehew re-remplace John Bundrick...
Ronan

Ronan

MessageSujet: Re: North American Tour 2007   North American Tour 2007 EmptyJeu 15 Mar - 11:45

Marc a écrit:
Brian Kehew re-remplace John Bundrick...
Décidement, rien ne va plus!!!!
lp_zep

lp_zep

MessageSujet: Re: North American Tour 2007   North American Tour 2007 EmptyVen 16 Mar - 7:07

Quelle débandade !
L'an dernier c'était Zak qui était fatigué à la fin de la tournée européenne...

Du moment que Pete a la forme, le navire ne coulera pas mais c'est quand même inquiétant !
Marc

Marc

MessageSujet: Re: North American Tour 2007   North American Tour 2007 EmptyVen 16 Mar - 14:02

Pour ce qui est du remplacement de Bundrick, je suppose que la cause est l'état de santé de sa femme puisque Pete a dit qu' "il doit nous quitter momentanément".
Pete Is The Boss

Pete Is The Boss

MessageSujet: Re: North American Tour 2007   North American Tour 2007 EmptyDim 18 Mar - 6:43

J'espère que la situation ira un peu mieux quand ils viendront en Europe et j'espère que Roger se remet.
http://the-who.skyblog.com
Marc

Marc

MessageSujet: Re: North American Tour 2007   North American Tour 2007 EmptyDim 18 Mar - 7:28

Pete Is The Boss a écrit:
J'espère que la situation ira un peu mieux quand ils viendront en Europe et j'espère que Roger se remet.
Tu auras un peu plus de précisions sur le blog de Pete.
http://www.petetownshend-whohe.blogspot.com/
Pete Is The Boss

Pete Is The Boss

MessageSujet: Re: North American Tour 2007   North American Tour 2007 EmptyDim 18 Mar - 10:40

pale Ils annulent encore des concerts. Ca fait froid dans le dos. Tiens le coup Roger !!!!
http://the-who.skyblog.com
Marc

Marc

MessageSujet: Re: North American Tour 2007   North American Tour 2007 EmptyMer 21 Mar - 4:17

Résumé de la conversation téléphonique que j'ai eue avec Pete ce matin :

Looking good! Roger is feeling and looking better. Doctor says he's OK. Blood test results tomorrow morning, but just a clincher we think. The last four shows are almost certainly back on. Final confirmation here around midday Central time.
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: North American Tour 2007   North American Tour 2007 Empty

North American Tour 2007
Page 1 sur 2Aller à la page : 1, 2  Suivant