The Who - forum francophone
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
The Who - forum francophone

Forum de discussion sur le groupe The Who

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le Deal du moment : -28%
Précommande : Smartphone Google Pixel 8a 5G ...
Voir le deal
389 €

North American tour 2006

+4
Pierre-Straw
philouze
Marc
Ronan
8 participants
Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2, 3  Suivant
AuteurMessage
Marc

Marc

North American tour 2006 - Page 2 Empty
MessageSujet: Re: North American tour 2006   North American tour 2006 - Page 2 EmptyMar 19 Sep - 14:14

Pete Is The Boss a écrit:
A quand un autre Magic Bus ??????????????????'
Y a pas que les Monégasques dans la vie...

D'accord, camarade !!! Surtout que John n'est plus là pour dire que ça le gonfle de le jouer ! Laughing
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
philouze

philouze

MessageSujet: Re: North American tour 2006   North American tour 2006 - Page 2 EmptyMar 19 Sep - 14:30

perso, je comprend Ox... si ca l'a gonflé de la jouer, moi ca m'a souvent gonflé de l'entendre !!! Cool
Marc

Marc

MessageSujet: Re: North American tour 2006   North American tour 2006 - Page 2 EmptyMar 19 Sep - 14:59

J'aurais bien aimé pouvoir brailler "Too much, magic bus" l'autre jour à Amnéville... Crying or Very sad
Mais bon, je l'ai déjà fait deux fois, moi... quand John faisait poutoupoutou pendant 7 minutes (c'est ça qui le gonflait) et que Keith faisait le mariole avec ses baguettes... Very Happy
lp_zep

lp_zep

MessageSujet: Re: North American tour 2006   North American tour 2006 - Page 2 EmptyMar 19 Sep - 15:17

Marc a écrit:
J'aurais bien aimé pouvoir brailler "Too much, magic bus" l'autre jour à Amnéville... Crying or Very sad
Mais bon, je l'ai déjà fait deux fois, moi... quand John faisait poutoupoutou pendant 7 minutes (c'est ça qui le gonflait) et que Keith faisait le mariole avec ses baguettes... Very Happy
elle avait un drôle de son la basse de John ces années-là dis-donc...
Pete Is The Boss

Pete Is The Boss

MessageSujet: Re: North American tour 2006   North American tour 2006 - Page 2 EmptyMar 19 Sep - 23:11

Hier soir, deuxième soirée au Madison Square Garden :

19.09.2006: New York, Madison Square Garden

I Can't Explain, The Seeker, Anyway Anyhow Anywhere, Fragments, Who Are You, Behind Blue Eyes, Real Good Looking Boy, Sound Round, Pick Up The Peace, Endless Wire, We Got A Hit, They Made My Dream Come True, Mirror Door, Baba O'Riley, Eminence Front, Man In A Purple Dress, Mike Post Theme, You Better You Bet, My Generation, Cry If You Want, Won't Get Fooled Again, Pinball Wizard Amazing Journey, Sparks, See Me Feel Me, Tea And Theater
http://the-who.skyblog.com
Marc

Marc

MessageSujet: Re: North American tour 2006   North American tour 2006 - Page 2 EmptyMer 20 Sep - 1:06

lp_zep a écrit:
Marc a écrit:
elle avait un drôle de son la basse de John ces années-là dis-donc...

Alors, celle-là, je m'y attendais ! Laughing Il était tard, j'étais fatigué, j'avais pas envie de chercher une onomatopée plus appropriée ! Laughing
Pete Is The Boss

Pete Is The Boss

MessageSujet: Re: North American tour 2006   North American tour 2006 - Page 2 EmptyVen 22 Sep - 10:44

Hier soir :

21.09.2006: Holmdel, NJ, P.N.C. Bank Arts Center
I Can't Explain, The Seeker, Anyway Anyhow Anywhere, Fragments, Who Are You, Behind Blue Eyes, Real Good Looking Boy, Sound Round, Pick Up The Peace, Endless Wire, We Got A Hit, They Made My Dream Come True, Mirror Door, Baba O'Riley, Eminence Front, Man In A Purple Dress, Mike Post Theme, You Better You Bet, My Generation, Cry If You Want, Won't Get Fooled Again, Naked Eye, Pinball Wizard, Amazing Journey, Sparks, See Me Feel Me, Tea And Theatre

NAKED EYE !
Pete Is The Boss

Pete Is The Boss

MessageSujet: Re: North American tour 2006   North American tour 2006 - Page 2 EmptyDim 24 Sep - 2:04

La review du concert :

Citation :
Review by Bill Campbell

I Can't Explain was truncated, as Roger didn't sing "dizzy in the head..." after the first guitar solo. I don't know if he merely forgot, or if the band has been playing it shorter during the past few shows. Fragments has been moved to position number four in the set, which works VERY well. I heard several members in the audience speak very highly of this song, which was great to hear; I really loved tonight's version, which was more fine-tuned than in Philadelphia. Also, placing it as a stand-alone new song early in the set gives it a dynamic I hadn't anticipated.

Wire And Glass likewise was much more musically strong than in Philadelphia (and I thought it was great there!) This suite is really proving to be immensely powerful live, and was one of the highlights of the show for me. However, unlike Philadelphia, Unholy Trinity was not part of the mini-opera. I don't know why this was dropped, but it really deserves to be back in the set. Perhaps when the album is released, we'll have a chance to hear the full ten-song version! Like Fragments, W&G elicited very positive commentary from the crowd around me.

Eminence Front was absolutely blazing tonight! I have always liked this song, especially the way they were playing it during the 2002 tour; Pete does a ton of guitar soloing and impromptu riffs during both the verses and chorus, which elevates the song to plateaus not heard before. Tonight was one of the strongest versions of Eminence I've witnessed. I'm glad this is in the set again.

Man In A Purple Dress again featured Roger positively scathing, as he attacked Pete's lyrics as if they were his very own sentiments. After the premiere of this song in Philadelphia, I thought it seemed a bit short when performed on Letterman. My memory was correct, as several lyrical lines were omitted when Pete and Roger were on TV. Mike Post Theme was not played in Philadelphia, but is well known amongst tour followers as the one new song that had remained a staple of the UK tour. It's a very good song, though I'm glad to have experienced Black Widow Eyes on opening night, merely for the chance to hear both.

My Generation featured some pyrotechnic guitar work from Pete, and Roger sang a few lines of Cry If You Want. However, he didn't include nearly as many lines as he did during the Philadelphia show. Won't Get Fooled Again was, as always, roaring and powerful. The evening's surprise, setlist-wise, came at the beginning of the encore, when they played Naked Eye. This was the first performance of it on the North American tour, and was performed by the full band. The middle guitar solo wasn't played as per the studio version, but the band was tight overall on it, and it was very nice to hear. The TOMMY segment of the encore included an absolutely riveting Sparks. The intensely blazing guitar work during this one sent chills up my spine. I remain in awe of how much power Pete coaxes out of this number....simply awesome, amazing, and aggressively perfect!

Tea & Theatre got me again. This song is, at once, beautiful, sad, wonderous, and magical. In my view, there is no better way to end the show. I was extremely impressed with how powerful Roger sang it tonight, after giving so much during the previous two hours. However, it appeared as if the songs sentiment gave him the strength to muster the raw emotion, and delicate brittleness needed all at once.

There has been talk amongst the message board about the screens used during the show. Some seem to like them, while many find them distracting and unnecessary. Having seen them in action twice, I remain convinced that they enhance the show. I find them to be particularly effective during Fragments, Who Are You, W&G, Baba O'Riley, and Pinball Wizard. It's great to see such care and work being put in to the visual presentation.

All in all, another very good performance from the band. After a mere five shows between opening night and Holmdel, the material (old and especially new) is becoming tighter and more refined. The boys really seem into getting the new material right on stage, and it shows...the new music onstage is conveying a very strong intensity into the audience. I remain proud to witness and hear it, and I hope they continue to bestow their new creative energies upon us!
Ronan

Ronan

MessageSujet: Re: North American tour 2006   North American tour 2006 - Page 2 EmptyMer 4 Oct - 11:52

De belles photos sur le site de Pete si vous n'y etes pas encore allé:
http://www.petetownshend.co.uk/diary/display.cfm?id=404&zone=pr
Marc

Marc

MessageSujet: Re: North American tour 2006   North American tour 2006 - Page 2 EmptyMer 4 Oct - 12:48

En effet, sympas, surtout celles d'avant concert. C'est d'ailleurs dommage que peu de photographes en fassent et/ou les publient...
Ronan

Ronan

MessageSujet: Re: North American tour 2006   North American tour 2006 - Page 2 EmptyMer 4 Oct - 13:10

Marc a écrit:
En effet, sympas, surtout celles d'avant concert. C'est d'ailleurs dommage que peu de photographes en fassent et/ou les publient...

judicieuse remarque!!!
Marc

Marc

MessageSujet: Re: North American tour 2006   North American tour 2006 - Page 2 EmptyMer 4 Oct - 13:58

Ronan a écrit:
Marc a écrit:

judicieuse remarque!!!

Il faut ce qu'il faut ! Wink
Ronan

Ronan

MessageSujet: Re: North American tour 2006   North American tour 2006 - Page 2 EmptyMer 4 Oct - 15:55

Encore des photos!! cette fois sur le site de Ross Halfin; Session photos à NYC:

http://www.rosshalfin.co.uk/thewho/thewho26.html[url]
Pete Is The Boss

Pete Is The Boss

MessageSujet: Re: North American tour 2006   North American tour 2006 - Page 2 EmptyJeu 12 Oct - 11:17

10.10.2006: Portland, OR, Rose Garden Arena

I Can't Explain, The Seeker, Anyway Anyhow Anywhere, Fragments, Who Are You, Behind Blue Eyes, Real Good Looking Boy, Sound Round, Pick Up The Peace, Endless Wire, We Got A Hit, They Made My Dream Come True, Mirror Door, Baba O'Riley, Eminence Front, Man In A Purple Dress, Mike Post Theme, You Better You Bet, My Generation, Cry If You Want, Old Red Wine, Won't Get Fooled Again, Pinball Wizard, Amazing Journey, Sparks, See Me Feel Me, Tea And Theatre

Tient, un petit hommage à John à Portland...
Ronan

Ronan

MessageSujet: Re: North American tour 2006   North American tour 2006 - Page 2 EmptyJeu 12 Oct - 11:23

ça serait sympa si ils reprenaient une composition de John pour lui rendre hommage.
philouze

philouze

MessageSujet: Re: North American tour 2006   North American tour 2006 - Page 2 EmptyJeu 12 Oct - 11:24

John est né le 09/10... ce qui semble logique, pour lui rendre un hommage.. en tout cas, je VEUX ce concert !!!!

Merci PITB pour l'info !! Wink
Pete Is The Boss

Pete Is The Boss

MessageSujet: Re: North American tour 2006   North American tour 2006 - Page 2 EmptyJeu 12 Oct - 12:13

Ronan a écrit:
ça serait sympa si ils reprenaient une composition de John pour lui rendre hommage.

Genre Success Story, j'ai toujours réve d'entendre ce qu'elle devait donner en concert. Une chanson bien cynique sur le Rock et son business Wink
philouze

philouze

MessageSujet: Re: North American tour 2006   North American tour 2006 - Page 2 EmptyJeu 12 Oct - 12:25

ouais, Success Story !!! "Friday night, I'm on my way home..."
A chaque fois que j'écoute ce morceau, je revois toujours OX avec son flingue !!!

S'ils décidaient de rendre hommage à Keith, ils pourraient faire (du même album) How Many Friends... Je trouve ce morceau assez ultime pour résumer Moonie.. Du moins son côté "calme"..

Citation :

I'm feelin' so good right now
There's a handsome boy tells me how I changed his past
He buys me a brandy
But could it be he's really just after my ass?

He likes the clothes I wear
He says he likes a man who's dressed in season
But no one else ever stares, he's being so kind
What's the reason?

How many friends have I really got?
You can count them on one hand.
That love me, that want me, that'll take me as I am?

Suddenly it's the silver screen
And a face so beautiful that I have to cry out
Everybody hears me
But I look like a fool now
With a cry and I shy out
She knows all of my friends
But it's nice to find a woman who can stay home late
Now I think I've reached the end
I wonder in the dead of night - how do I rate?

It's all like a dream you know
When you're still up early in the morning
And you all sit together to watch the sun come through
But things don't look so good
When you could use a bit of warning
Then you know that no one will ever speak the truth about you

When I first signed a contract
It was more than a handshake then
I know it still is
But there's a plain fact
We talk so much shit behind each other's backs
I get the willies
People know nothing about their own soft gut
So how come they can sum us up
Without suffering all the hype we've known
How come they bum us up

Well, you can count 'em on the one hand
Marc

Marc

MessageSujet: Re: North American tour 2006   North American tour 2006 - Page 2 EmptyJeu 12 Oct - 14:08

Malheureusement, Whisky Man aussi aurait sa place... Crying or Very sad
Pete Is The Boss

Pete Is The Boss

MessageSujet: Re: North American tour 2006   North American tour 2006 - Page 2 EmptyJeu 12 Oct - 14:10

philouze a écrit:
ouais, Success Story !!! "Friday night, I'm on my way home..."

"I'm home for the Week-end !"
"Big flashy car"
"It's a rock'n'roll singer on the television"

Tant de passages mythiques dans cette chanson lol!

Mais le mieux c'est quand même :

"six for the taxman and one for the band"
Ronan

Ronan

MessageSujet: Re: North American tour 2006   North American tour 2006 - Page 2 EmptyLun 16 Oct - 11:57

Encore de jolies photos sur le site de Ross Halfin et avec une photo de Roger avec une telecaster!!!!
http://www.rosshalfin.co.uk/thewho/thewho27.html
Biloute

Biloute

MessageSujet: Re: North American tour 2006   North American tour 2006 - Page 2 EmptyMar 17 Oct - 11:38

Wouahou! Franchement elles sont bien sympa ces photos!
Mici pour le lien! Wink
Pete Is The Boss

Pete Is The Boss

MessageSujet: Re: North American tour 2006   North American tour 2006 - Page 2 EmptyMar 31 Oct - 11:17

Vu dans le journal de Pete d'aujourd'hui :

"Mike and Sue's marriage was in trouble, though they are such lovely people, and I was so self-absorbed with the record, that I didn't notice. A romance blossomed between Rabbit and Sue, and Mike left them to it. Since then they have been inseparable. They have lived a very simple life in the West Country of England, Rabbit grows his own vegetables. Their daughter Jackie and her musician husband Reg live nearby. Usually Sue accompanies Rabbit on tour, and we have missed her lately.

Rabbit cannot leave her at such a time, so we are going to continue the tour without him, but we will not replace him. We have some keyboard players in our team who will cover where necessary, but no one can play rock piano and Hammond like Rabbit and I will miss his many moments of stratospheric brilliance. His playing at our last show at the BBC Proms at the Roundhouse here in London on Sunday was especially beautiful I thought. Of course Sue was on his mind, and when Roger sang See Me, Feel Me from Tommy, Rabbit's accompaniment was as loving, gentle and sympathetic as I've ever heard it arranged and played.

More news about Sue and Rabbit will be posted in the News Pages here and on other Who websites throughout the tour. Prayers and positive thoughts please for Sue, Rabbit and Sue's family and friends."
Marc

Marc

MessageSujet: Re: North American tour 2006   North American tour 2006 - Page 2 EmptySam 4 Nov - 5:18

A la lecture de l'extrait que tu as posté, je n'ai pas tout compris. Je suis allé sur le site de Pete et je me permets d'ajouter la première partie pour rendre la chose plus compréhensible.

Rachel and I fly to L.A today for the second leg of the Who tour, this one dotted with quite a few more In The Attic events. We are extremely upbeat, looking forward to seeing special friends in California, and playing music. But we are also sad for Rabbit (John Bundrick).

This morning a gloomy pall hangs over the future despite the energetic, blustering wind over the Richmond meadows on this beautifully crisp autumn day. Rabbit's wife Sue has been ill lately, and yesterday he called to say she might be facing the end. Sue is a very special person. She is beautiful, calm, forgiving, generous, loyal and funny. I met her for the first time when I was recording my solo album 'Empty Glass' in 1979 and she and her husband Mike Vickers (of the Manfred Mann group) often entertained Rabbit and I at their home near the studio we were using.
Ronan

Ronan

MessageSujet: Re: North American tour 2006   North American tour 2006 - Page 2 EmptySam 4 Nov - 8:31

C'est plus comprehensible comme ça Wink
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: North American tour 2006   North American tour 2006 - Page 2 Empty

North American tour 2006
Page 2 sur 3Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2, 3  Suivant